Friday, December 30, 2011

For improved spreadability ...

Maybe you heard about the shortage of butter in Norway before Christmas. Well, it certainly isn't over, although occasional appearances of the product has been reported. When I went shopping for groceries about a week ago I found that my store had both a small supply from our national cartel and some Irish butter. The latter one was more expensive, so what do you think I did?

Well, I bought the product from our friends in the Atlantic to voice my desire to do away with the trade barriers that Norwegian consumers are subject to.

We actually have traces of competition in the dairy market in Norway, but foreign material is treated as a national threat. The big "cartel" has been handling regulation of the butter market while being the single significant supplier. That is not good!

But I like to think that competition is good, although I am not seeking eradication of the farming sector in Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers